The Final Edit

Having chosen to import the tapes to my Mac, we decided to use Final Cut Pro to edit the 2 hours of footage into just 3 minutes. This at first appeared near impossible, however looking through what we filmed, we managed to narrow it down, slowly but surely, to the clips we liked best. There were disagreements at times, though we soon came to a mutual decision on the final piece.

Bellow are some screenshots taken of Final Cut:

Final Cut Pro

We organised all of our footage into bins, within bins, within bins. By doing this we found that when looking for the parts we wanted later in the editing process, we could find them instantly with ease.

Primary Bins

Expanded

Expanded Further

And Even Further...

We used Motion to add the title and credits, gradually changing the opacity to allow our names to fade onto screen.

Changing The Opacity Of The Text

In order to add a wind noise over the title and credits, we used Soundtrack Pro. Here is a screenshot.

Creating The Wind Soundtrack

We used some archive footage from films Mark has been involved in before, but we made sure we did not go over the 10% that we were allowed to use.

Archive Footage

The edit was a success and we are looking forward to our presentation on Thursday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s