Using social networking sites and printed questionnaires I will be collecting data from a variation of first year students around Coventry. The following questions will be asked:
For a typical week:
1. Do you use social-networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook or MSN?
2. If so, how many hours in an average week would you say you spent on them?
3. Do you own a personal blog or website?
4. Do you own an iPod or Phone with easy access to the internet?
5. How many hours a week would you say you spent on the internet?
6. Do you play any online internet or console games?
7. Do you download music? 8. Do you pay for it?
9. How many hours a week would you guess you spent on your Phone texting/calling?
10. Do you have a part-time job?
11. Are you in halls of residence?
12. Are you sharing a house with other students?
13. Do you have a laptop/computer in your room?
14. Do you prefer a Mac to a PC?
15. How much do you spend on an average night out?
16. Do you own a car?
17. If so do you bring your car at University?
18. Do you vote in elections?
19. Do you enjoy your course?
20. Are you enjoying your student life at University?
I am currently rounding up the data and I will post again later in the week with the visualisations of the data collected.